Saturday, March 26, 2011

Poker Table Cake

I was invited to play poker last weekend with some girlfriends from work and a bunch of guys. I wasn't as excited about playing as I was about having a room full of people to eat my cake. Don't get me wrong, like my blog title says, I Like Cake. It's just not something I want to have hanging around my house.



The guys didn't seem to mind that I turned their poker game into a cake party. They were thrilled to have such a massive cake to dive into. I was thrilled it went over so well.



When I think of poker, I think of Vegas. When I think of Vegas I think of animal print and glitter. I can't say why exactly, having never been there, but it's just my perception. I was lucky to be able to display my cake on a board so...you know...fitting.

I played around with the edible glitter as well. It was a fun, festive touch. All the decorations were made from fondant icing.

I would write more, but I have another cake to do this afternoon. Time's a wastin'!




No comments:

Post a Comment