Friday, March 18, 2011

Ten Easy Steps to Insanity

I ran into an old friend today who does catering part-time. She and her friend get requests for cakes, but they always pass along the card of a cake decorator they know. "It would be nice to have more than one option," she said. Once I have business cards, I'm supposed to give her some. Crap. I think I just committed myself to something.

Okay, where do I begin?

Step 1: Unpack the cake pans.
Step 2: Squeeze money for supplies into the budget somehow.
Step 3: Bake some more cakes.
Step 4: Take some more pictures.
Step 5: Con my ex-boyfriend into building a website.
Step 6: Order some business cards.
Step 7: Advertise...on the knot.com???
Step 8: Quit my job so I have time to bake?
Step 9: Freak out because I don't have a job.
Step 10: Yeah, I don't know.

Anyone have suggestions? I'm open to hearing what you have to say.

It's Friday night, and I'm going to party like a rock star. First, I'm going to make sure my kitchen is spotless. Second, I'm going to bake a cake. Third, I'm going to lie down on the couch for a minute just to rest, and then fourth, I'm going to wake up in the morning with a sore neck and so some decorating. Sounds like a plan. I'm so excited. It's going to be the best weekend ever.

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha. Yes, it does look like you just committed to that! It's awesome though, if you enjoy doing it. I HATE talking with the people I'm baking for so to have a liaison like the catering company is great. You can just bake and do your thing. Awesome. My only advice would be bake, bake, bake! Practice makes perfect, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, if you put your cakes in the freezer, wrapped in plastic wrap for 30 minutes to an hour it makes it super easy to cut the tops off level.

    ReplyDelete