Sunday, March 20, 2011

I Have a Website

So Step #5, "Con Ex-Boyfriend Into Building a Website" is complete. Well, it's on its way to complete, anyway. I purchased the registration of a URL for a couple of years, he set up a basic page, and is letting me use his server for awhile. It's not fancy yet, but go ahead and visit the site and add it to your bookmarks:

JessicaLikesCake.com

I need some traffic before Google will pick it up and add it to their search results, I guess. I still don't know how that all works, but apparently, I'm going to learn. I was doing some reading about fondant icing earlier tonight, and after this post is complete, I'm going to do some reading about web design. My ex said it's easy. If I can manage a blog and competently run Facebook, then I should be able to do a website. I suppose we'll see about that.

I baked a cake yesterday and was pretty unhappy with the its texture and the decor, but was well-received at Poker Night. If they all liked it, then I must have done something right. I wish I could post a picture, but all of the pictures are on my phone, the card adapter is at work, and I have no cell service at my house, so e-mailing it to myself is out-of-the-question. I'll let you see it tomorrow. :o) I have to admit, I was kind of embarrassed by the poker table cake. It was good, but I didn't feel it was great. I just read another cake decorator's blog and it was reassuring because she said that the perfect cake doesn't exist. No matter how great the baker is, there will always be at least one thing wrong with every cake. I just have to accept it, fix the mistakes the best I can, and then move on. I'm learning to laugh at myself, which is good.

I really do need to finish unpacking my condo, but I'm so excited to try some new recipes this week. I didn't know how the higher elevation would affect the cake's texture, exactly, but now I have a better idea of what to do differently. I think I'm going to bake a few and have a taste testing party at work. I can't wait.

1 comment: