Saturday, May 22, 2010

Chocolate Chip Chai Cake

Chocolate Chip Chai Cake with Chocolate Cinnamon Ganache. Sounds pretty good, I know. I found the from-scratch recipe on CakeCentral.com. For those of you who aren't familiar with it, it's like a Facebook for cake decorators. To be honest with you, they should call it CrackCentral.

My monthly book club was last week, and since I hadn't made a cake for the ladies in several months, I decided I was due. While talking with a friend awhile back, we were searching for flavor ideas online and a chai cake caught our attention. When I found this recipe only days later, I felt the cake gods were smiling on me. I had a dream sequence similar to the one in "A Christmas Story" where Ralphie writes a composition about wanting a Red Ryder BB gun. Everyone cheered, applaudeed and carried him around on their shoulders. Although I didn't expect my friends to carry me around on their shoulders (especially since cake decorating has made me fat), I was hoping for a "hip, hip, hooray!" or something of that nature. Instead, they spent several minutes reassuring me that it didn't totally suck while I poked at it with my finger. I have good friends.

We're going to try this one again, but I'll probably just incorporate the chai, chocolate and cinnamon flavors into better recipe. Maybe that cake will be picture-worthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment