Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Yay Sheila!


My friend, Sheila, just graduated from nursing school and I was honored that she asked me to bake her cake.

I had a great time making this cake. I stalked her Facebook page and printed out photos of her with her family and boyfriend. I mounted them on card stock and placed them below her picture from the commencement ceremony to symbolize her tremendous support system, and I brought back the circles, loops, and dots, to signify her fun personality and whimsical spirit. And I added some bold, vertical stripes as "pillars of strength," if you will. Her parents provided a solid up-bringing which I feel is a major contributor to her success.

I have a feeling all symbolism was lost on her party guests who were just excited to eat some cake. That's cool. Whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment